Thursday 2 June 2011

My Diary

I have been wanting to alter my diary, ever since I saw the altered notebook in the Idea Book & Catalogue on page 64. I bought the Notably Ornate stamp set (17.95 clear, £22.95 wood) to make a birthday card for my daughter (which I haven't shared with you yet).She's not really into card making and it was one of the few sets she really liked. I actually love this set. It's so versatile and stamps beautifully every time. So, this is what I did to my diary:


I used Riding Hood Red cardstock, and the coordinating Love Letter Designer papers. The 2011 was cut using my Big Shot and a Sizzlets alphabet - you could use the Timeless Type Junior Alphabet.



I stamped the letter 'S' using the Broadsheet Alphabet and fit it into one the beautiful frames that you get in the Hodgepodge Hardware set. 


I used the 1-1/4 striped grosgrain ribbon in Real Red to decorate the front but I also wanted it to act as a book mark, so I left a length to go inside the diary and added a punched flower to give it some weight. The flower was created using the 5 Petal flower and the Boho Blossoms punch.



I made sure everything was stuck down really well especially all the edges, as my diary is in and out of my bag all day long and I don't want to accidently pull anything off. That is why I've not used any 3D elements. I reckon this diary will explain what I do far better than words could and, as I go to lots of meetings, I may even get some parties/orders out of it. Have a go yourself and alter something. I'd love to see the results. x

No comments:

Post a Comment