Thursday 31 March 2011

Another leaving card

Another friend left work today and I made her this card/treat holder. Again it is a design by Becky Roberts and part of her 12 days of Christmas 2010, tutorial.



I made this one in Pretty in Pink and Rose Red cardstock, with Pretty in Pink designer paper from the Subtles Designer Series Paper Patterns Stack. I also used Rose Red ribbon and this time I did use a brad from the gorgeous Hodegepodge Hardware set.


I used the Scallop Trim border punch on the folded edge and the Round Tab punch to create the tab at the top of the tag. Unfortunately I had already written on the tag, so I didn't want to take a photo of it. I decorated the tab with the same motif from the Tiny Tags stamp set as I used yesterday. The greeting is from the wonderfully useful Basic Phrases stamp set and I used the Word Window punch, to punch it out. A couple of Basic Rhinestones finished it off. Here's a closer look:



I filled the box with chocolates and handed it over with some flowers. My friend absolutely loved it and I had fun making it. The effort is always worth it when you see how much people appreciate a handmade gift.

Just for a change my next post is not a leaving card, so check back to see what it is instead. x

No comments:

Post a Comment