Sunday 3 April 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Well, although my 15 yr old son promised me a cup of tea in bed, I got up before him - no surprise there.... He did give me a lovely card though and the Vintage Vogue stamp set, so it's not all bad. I also had a lovely top from my daughter and a very appropriate card from my other son (who is skint).

I made this card for my mother-in-law:



I couldn't show you this card before today, in case she read my blog. I actually saw this card on the very talented Gilly's blog. The original is here and mine is almost a straight copy.

Here's another view:



I used Very Vanilla, Pretty in Pink and Crumb cake cardstock, Pretty in Pink and Crumb cake ink and the Butterfly punch. I also used a flower from the Boho Blossoms punch on the butterfly and the circle is the circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes punch set. I used a card blank, background stamp and ribbon which I already had.

My mum lives in Holland and they don't have Mother's Day until mid May, so I have plenty of time to make her a card. She doesn't know about my blog yet and I may have to keep it quiet for a bit longer, in case I decide to make this card again.

I was feeling creative yesterday so decided to wrap my mother-in-law's present in hand decorated paper. The wrapping paper is from Ikea, and I stamped it with Baroque Motifs. I punched some flowers using the Boho Blossoms punch and stuck them on, after wetting and shaping them. The label is from the Four Frames stamp set, punched using the Decorative Label punch.

This is what it looked like when I was finished:




I've had a great day. Hope you had a good time too. x



1 comment:

  1. I love what you did with your card Sandrina! And the present looks gorgeous. Gill x

    ReplyDelete