Friday 16 November 2012

Two by Two

Hi everyone, something a bit different today. Two people are leaving work to go on maternity leave soon and I was asked to make their leaving cards. They are both having boys, so I was free to use my favourite blue - Bashful Blue. This is the card I made for both of them:



I used the brilliant Two by Two stamp. I knew this stamp would be ideal, as soon as I saw it in the new catalogue. I coloured the image with marker pens and cut using the image and the blue layer, using the Framelits Labels Collection and the Big Shot:




I added a matching Bashful Blue satin bow (now discontinued) and a piece of So Saffron designer paper. The background layer was embossed using the Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder and the greeting is from the Curly Cute set. There is a 'congratulations' which is part of the image but, as I was making quite a large card, I wanted a bigger greeting. I covered up the greeting part of the stamp with a post-it while I inked the rest, so I wouldn't get any ink on the greeting.


Here's a final close up, showing some of the detail and the pearls which were added as the final touch:


This card was largely based on a card made by a very talented demo Julie Kettlewell. You can check out her blog at Julie's Japes. I was really pleased with the way these cards turned out and can't wait to make their cards once the babies are born. This stamp is only £7.95 so if you fancy it, let me know. x
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment