Friday 26 August 2011

Summer Splash Birthday

Hi everyone, today I am showing you a card I made for a little friend. I spent a lovely afternoon recently teaching him and his sister how to stamp and they both loved it. As soon as I saw the Summer Splash stamp set in the mini catalogue, I knew I had to have it to make a card for him. Here it is:


I used Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie cardstock and inks. These colours were suggested in the colour coach (page 81), which is an extremely useful tool when you need a bit of colour inspiration. Actually the colour coach suggested Tangerine Tango but that's one of the few colour I don't have, so I used Pumpkin Pie. Here's a close up of the octopus holding the birthday sentiment. The sentiment was from a Sale-A-Bration set which is now retired. The letters were cut using the Big Shot and the Timeless Type Junior Alphabet. 



I stamped the surfboards on Whisper White and cut them out. I stuck some to the inside of the card too



I then stamped the envelope. Front:



and the back:



Items in the mini catalogue are only guaranteed to be available until 30th September so if you like this stamp set, make sure you don't miss out and order it now. I'm planning to make some scrapbook  pages using this stamp set as I have some great photos of my boys in the sea, with floats/bodyboards, so check back soon. x

No comments:

Post a Comment