Wednesday 31 August 2011

Fly Away Butterflies

Hello all,
Actually I wasn't sure what to call this post, so excuse the corny title. I ended up cancelling the butterfly card class which should have been tonight, so I thought I would give all of you a look at what we would have made:

 

  I love these cards, and I will probably hold the class at a later date BUT the list of products which will be 'retiring' is published tomorrow, and usually all of the design papers retire, so if you want these gorgeous speciality papers, called Blueberry Crisp, you've only got until the end of September to order them. All the retiring products will be sold at a reduced price, so check my blog for details tomorrow, to get a bargain.


If you're on my email distribution list, I will send you the list by email. If you would like to go on my email list, please let me know. For these cards I used Not Quite Navy, Sahara Sand, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla cardstock.



I used the Flight of the Butterfly stamp set with Tempting Turquoise and Not Quite Navy inks


I also used the Butterfly punch, the Scallop Circle and the 1 3/8" Circle punches. For the border we would have used the Eyelet border punch but at the time I made these samples, I didn't have that punch yet, so I used one of my other punches.




I used the pillow box die and the Big Shot to make this cute little pillow box:


The ribbon is the very soft seam binding ribbon in the colour Crumb Cake. You can see how lovely it is in the next two photos.





I hope you've enjoyed these cards. I must just add that these were not my original idea but I got the tutorial from Jenny Moors' site. I just changed the Designer papers and colours slightly.

Remember to check out my blog tomorrow, to see which products will be discontinued and reduced in price. Also a quick reminder that the next card class will be on September 14th and on a Christmas theme. Check out my 'classes' tab at the top of the blog as I'm about to update it. Samples coming soon so keep looking. x


No comments:

Post a Comment