Monday 1 August 2011

Happy Birthday Mum

It was my mum's birthday at the end of the month and this is the card I made her. I am really pleased with the way this turned out, and know she loved it too.

 

This card was based on a card by Michelle Last and she has a useful tutorial on her blog, showing you how to make the flowers. You will find it here. Michelle's card was in blue which I personally love but my mum doesn't really like blue, so I made her a pink version. I used Regal Rose cardstock, ink and designer paper, contrasted with Crumb Cake.




The flowers were stamped using the Flower Accent stamp (£7.95) and the 'Rock and Roll' technique. This means inking the stamp with Regal Rose and then 'rolling' the edges in Crumb Cake, giving the edges of the flowers some definition. The flowers were then cut out and covered in Crystal Effects, sprinkled with glitter and some Basic Pearls were added to the centre. Once dry, the points of the petals were curled and shaped. Leaves were cut using the Little Leaves die and the Big Shot, in Crumb Cake.



The background was stamped on Very Vanilla using Crumb Cake ink. I used the Notably Ornate and Vintage Vogue stamp sets. I then sprayed the card with water and scrunched it up. I tore the edges and inked them with Crumb Cake.



The greeting was stamped using one of the Sincere Salutations Greetings, embossed in gold, and punched using the Oval Extra Large and Decorative Label punches.

Have a go at this card yourself. The results are beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment