Friday 11 November 2011

Advent calender kit

Apologies (again) for having not blogged for a while. This is my first Stampin' Up! Christmas and I can't believe how hectic it is. There seem to be so many Fairs to go to, as well as classes and parties. Not that I'm complaining mind you, it's good to be out there spreading the Stamping word...

Today I wanted to share this advent calender with you:



I have made 24 mini milk cartons using the Mini Milk Carton die and the Big Shot. I cut them out alternately in Wild Wasabi and Real Red cardstock. I then glued a 1" strip of Holly Berry Bouquet designer paper around it and cut a scalloped circle using the Scallop Circle Punch and a Very Vanilla circle using the 1 3/8" circle punch.



The numbers were cut using the Timeless Type Junior Alphabet Sizzlets dies and the Big Shot. The circles were fastened to the mini milk carton with a Dimensional.

A clip was fastened to each carton and a piece of Real Red 1/8" Taffeta ribbon was threaded through.



I happened to have a stand that I could use but, as not everyone has this, I've also hung it from some twigs from the garden.

The boxes can be filled with anything you want (as long as it's small enough) eg sweets, chocolates, small toys like erasers, jewelry, hair slides etc. The calender can be used again and again as long as it's packed away carefully as opening the boxes does not damage them.



If you would like to make one of these, contact me to buy the supplies, or if you prefer not to buy the products, I have these available as kits. The kit includes everything except for the glue. Cost is £15.00 if collected from me, or £17.00 if it needs to be posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment