Monday 31 October 2011

Delicate Doilies

Hi Everyone, I'm doing a workshop on Wednesday for my good friend Heather so yesterday I was preparing what I'm going to demo. I've had the Delicate Doilies stamp set since September when I got the chance to pre-order in preparation for the new catalogue launch. Although I've had it all this time, and the Flirtatious papers that match the stamps, I've not had a play until now. So this is what I created:




These are just a few quick mini cards that can be used for any occasion. I used Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party and Whisper White cardstock plus the matching inks. I also used the fabulous new Doily Triple Layer Punch and the 1 3/4" circle punch.
 And once I got started, I couldn't stop. I created lots of the same design card in different colourways to show the potential of this stamp set. Here you go:



The combinations I used are: Wisteria Wonder/Pool Party; Certainly Celery/Wild Wasabi; Crumb Cake/ Soft Suede; Melon Mambo/Daffodil Delight; Calypso Coral/Peach Parfait; Not Quite Navy/Cherry Cobbler.

Then I thought, wouldn't this be a great way to show people the potential of stamp sets when I do workshops? Often there isn't space to put up display boards, so this is a great way to circulate samples. I've tied it all together by cutting a Top Note on the Big Shot in Pool Party and used the gorgeous new in-colour Ruffled Ribbon to make my bow.






I'm now planning to do this for all the stamp sets I have, showing their potential. I'll show you the others as I do them.

Now then, back to Wednesday's workshop. I'm also making Heather a box in a bag to keep the cards in. I'll show you the finished article after the workshop - that is if I remember to take a photo as Heather will be getting the set as a hostess thank you gift, for hosting the party. If you would like to receive something similar and have the chance to earn free goodies out of the catalogue, contact me to host your own worshop/party.

If you would like to have the chance to make your own projects, using Delicate Doilies then join us at the next cardmaking class on November 9th.

See you soon. x

No comments:

Post a Comment