Thursday 17 May 2012

Aviary - Card 2.

Hi everyone, apologies for not blogging for a while. I've done 2 fairs this week and now I'm not very well with a nasty cold. Still it gives me a bit of time to do some typing. I bet you thought I'd forgotten about the Aviary cards but I haven't. Here's the second of the Aviary cards which we made at the last card class. This one use the oak tree from the Lovely as a Tree stamp set, as a fern. Have a look:


I used Old Olive, Melon Mambo and Always Artichoke cardstock. The foliage of the oak tree was inked using old Olive, taking care not to ink the tree trunk. An Always Artichoke marker was then used to dab spots of darker green onto the stamp, to create depth. The small stamp from Lovely as a Tree (just 2 leaves and a pine cone) was stamped round the edges, creating a 'fern leaf look'.  The birdcage was then stamped on top of the 'fern' in Basic Grey ink, which looks less stark than black (although in the photos it looks like blue) Here's a closer look:


The greeting is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set again. I've used the gorgeous dotted scallop ribbon in Melon Mambo and the fllower was punched using the Boho Blossom punch with a rhinestone in the centre for a bit of bling. Here you are:


The scalloped edge was punched using the Scallop Edge Border punch. If you fancy making these cards and need any products, then please get in touch. x

No comments:

Post a Comment