Thursday 3 May 2012

Free ticket to Convention worth £149

Wow, there's been so much news these past couple of days, I can't keep up. Stampin' Up! have just announced that anyone who buys the Starter kit during May will get a free ticket to the Stampin' Up! convention in Germany this year. (You do have to pay your own travel and hotel costs)

Convention is a time when demos from Germany, France and the UK get together to celebrate success and do some crafting. I have never been but it always looks like great fun on the photos. Click on this link for further information http://www2.stampinup.com/gb/eng/8057.asp

Right, I'd better show you a project or else you'll give up reading my blog.... Here is one of the cards we made at the last card class. We used the owl punch to make this gorgeous rose:


I used Very Vanilla for the base card. The Big Shot was used to cut the Top Note, which was then embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder. Cherry Cobbler was used for the red layer, the rose and the seam binding ribbon.

Here's a close up of the rose. As I've said the owl punch was used for the petals and the scallop circle was used for the centre. Here's a tutorial showing you how to make this. This lady makes great flowers from punches, so have a look at her other tutorials.



I used the Bird Builder punch for the leaves. The bow is a double bow made with Cherry Cobbler seam binding and one of the beautiful Antique brads. Here's a better view:



You may notice that I sprayed the rose with champagne shimmer mist. I mixed it with some alcohol and put it into a spray container. It gives it a lovely sparkle but it is hard to capture in a photo. I hope you like this card and have a go at making it yourself. Let me know if you want to order any of the products. I'll be back soon with another card. x

No comments:

Post a Comment