Wednesday 9 May 2012

Fair Owls

Hi everyone, I recently had a stall at a Spring fair and I was asked to do an activity for the children. Having seen several versions of this owl on the internet, I decided to do these.


These owls have made with Poppy Parade, Island Indigo and Daffodil Delight cardstock. Their bodies are cut using the Pillow Box die and the Big Shot. The 'feathers' are made from strips of designer papers from the Designer Paper stacks in matching or complimentary colours.

I used punchs for the detail - the feet are punched using the 5 Petal Flower, the wings are punched with the Large Oval and the beak is one of the hearts from the Heart to Heart punch. I prepared most things before the fair but the owl was so popular I had to cut lots more. One girl ended up making 5 of them!

Here's a close up of the red one:


The kids loved this, especially as it gave them a little gift box aswell as a cute owl. Why not have a go yourself. x

No comments:

Post a Comment