Tuesday 26 February 2013

Topsy-Turvy Celebration - From Disaster to Perfection

Good morning everyone, I thought I would give you a rest from Sale-A-Bration cards today and show you something different. It was my step-son's 16th birthday recently and I wanted to use one of my new stamp sets, Topsy-Turvy Celebration. This is what I made for him:



Do you ever have one of those days when everything goes wrong? Well that is what it was like making this card. First of all I spent ages stacking my cakes by masking them and adding the number candles. I then moved on to the greeting and didn't watch where I put my 'inked' piece of plastic that I use with my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig and this was the result:





What a mess. I tried doing it again but that didn't go too well either so in the end I decided to cut the cakes out. I  mounted them on some 3D pads on the inside of a Midnight Muse card. I die cut a backgrounf frame of Gumball Green, using the Framelits dies:



Next I stamped the greeting. I was really pleased at how well I managed to get the numbers from the Memorable Moments set to line up and then I stamped 'Son' from the For My Family stamp set. All it needed was 'birthday'. Look what happened - aaargh:


I had to do it all again:

I used one of the Framelits to cut out an aperature from the front of the card and stamped 'Celebrate' on the inside which I embossed with white embossing powder.  


I was actually very pleased with the end result, and so was he, but it took far longer than it should have. x 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment