Tuesday 26 July 2011

Birthday Banner

Oh, I love how this card has turned out. I have been debating whether or not to have the Party this Way stamp set for ages and I finally got it last week, FREE, as part of my demonstrator goodies. If you join Stampin Up as a demonstrator, not only do you get commission off all your sales, you can also earn lots of FREEBIES. You don't need to do classess or workshops, you can be a hobby demonstrator and just buy goods for yourself to use. If you would like to know more, please contact me.

Anyway, back to this card. I made this for someone at work and used my Colour Coach to come up with the colour scheme. Many people overlook the Colour Coach in the catalogue but it's a great tool, and only £13.50. It has all the current colours of cardstock on a ring and on the back, it suggests colour combinations that work well. I wanted to use Melon Mambo and it suggested Old Olive and Elegant Eggplant. Now, I don't have Elegant Eggplant, so used Concorde Crush instead and this is the result:



I also used my new Timeless Type Junior Sizzlet Alphabet and the Big Shot to cut the letters out of matching cardstock. As it was my birthday this month, Stampin Up gave me an extra 15% off one item of my choice and I choose to buy this alphabet. This photo shows the colours better and shows how beautifully the stamps stamp (?!) on Whisper White card.


In America they have a punch to match the pennant banner, so here's hoping we get it when the new catalogue comes out in October. x

No comments:

Post a Comment