Tuesday 20 March 2012

Mother's Day Flip Album

Hi everyone, I know you've already had a little look at the Mother's Day Flip album but I thought I would share this in more detail. Now I certainly didn't design this myself - there are lots of examples of Flip albums on the internet but this is the tutorial I used. Here is what the from cover looked like:


I'm using past tense for this as I wasn't very happy with this cover. The flowers seemed too small and out of propotion with the rest of the album. After much thought, I eventually changed it to this:



I know the changes are quite subtle - I used the Blossom Party die and the Big Shot to cut the flowers instead of the Boho Flower punch, and I stuck to using just Calypso Coral cardstock, instead of multi coloured flowers. I also changed the sentiment plaque and used the Oval Designer Frames embossing folder in the same way as I did on the card. I think this works much better - let me know what you think. So, now some photos of the inside:




I've not decorated or stamped the inside too much as it depends on my photos and I'll probably add flowers etc over the photos. I did want to show you the final version, complete with photos but had a bit of printer trouble. I was going to use pictures of my mum with me and my children, and I wanted them in black and white, so the colours wouldn't clash. For some reason my genuine HP ink, when printing black and white, just smudges... I couldn't work out why my cutter and my fingers were covered in black mess! Anyway, luckily I have some extra time as I don't need this till May,so I can sort it and show you a photo at a later date. 

Here are a couple of photos of everyone who did the class. Do you think we need a bigger table? Everyone was really working against the clock but all produced lovely projects by the end of the evening. They didn't all make the album and card for Mother's Day - they're very versatile and can be used for any occasion. If you would like to join us for future classes, please get in touch. x







No comments:

Post a Comment