Friday 16 March 2012

Owl party

Hi everyone. Where has the time gone? This week has flown by. Everyone had a great time on Tuesday making their Mother's Day cards and Flip Album and I will show you pictures of that later. I've got  something a little bit different to show you this morning. I found some very cute little owl lip balm pots in my local shop and they immediately made me think of the very similar colours of Stampin' Up! cardstock. So I bought them and made little boxes for them, ready to sell at a fair I'm doing on saturday. I then realised I had a similar coloured owl money box and so grouped them all together for a 'party' photo:


The colours I used are Melon Mambo and Concorde Crush and for the other set (you can just see them peeking out of their boxes), Island Indigo and Lucky Limeade. Here's a better view of the flowers on top of the boxes and the little owls:


The boxes were made using the Mini Milk Carton die and the Big Shot and the lids were cut and scored by hand and then punched using the Scallop Trim Border punch. To get the small box shape, you only die cut the bottom half of the mini milk carton. The flowers on top of the boxes were cut using the Flowers, Daisies die and the Big Shot again:
 
Posted by PicasaI hope you like these and that it shows you just how versatile the dies can be. Ofcourse, I am working on a matching card but haven't finished it yet as I've been busy making things for the fair, so, watch out for the card later. If you would like to come and see me at the Beeston Fair, it's being held at the Pearson Centre in Beeston, 10.30-4.00pm on Saturday 17th March. Have a great day. x

1 comment:

  1. so cute Sandrina - I nearly bought those lipbalmd last week too (in WB!)

    Look great in the boxes
    Love
    victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete