Saturday 16 July 2011

Baby Blossom cards and a quilt

Hi, today I wanted to show you one of the cards we made at card class on Wednesday. We all had a lovely time and everyone worked hard to complete their box and 3 cards, but there never seems to be enough time. Foolishly, I didn't take photos of what everyone made which is a shame as the sets looked completely different when done in different colours.




Some of the girls weren't able to make the class so they will make their projects this Wednesday. I'll try and remember to take photos of the pink set. The blue set was really vivid but you'll just have to take my word for it as no-one is making a blue set on Wednesday. On Wednesday, the rest of us will be making projects using the Owl punch, so I'll post photos of them later in the week. Here's a close-up of the card, above.



For the yellow set we used Daffodil Delight and More Mustard card and ink, Very Vanilla for the background and some Pear Pizzaz. The Baby Blossom stamp set is absolutely lovely. You can make such a variety of background papers with it, the possibilities are endless. The edging was done using the Scallop Trim border and corner punch.


Now, it was my birthday last week and my mother-in-law made me this beautiful quilt:




Photos could never do it justice but it is absolutely gorgeous. It is backed with this lovely Japanese fabric:


She gave it to me during card class, and I think most of the  girls now want to take up quilting too!
Hope you're all having a lovely weekend, despite the rain.x

No comments:

Post a Comment