Wednesday 6 July 2011

Golfing Owl

Hi everyone, I haven't done much blogging lately and I will try and make up for it - promise. Here's a card I made for my father-in-law's birthday, last month:


As per usual it's a pretty bad picture but my husband has a new i-phone and much as I hate to admit it, we can get far better quality photos on that, than we do with our fairly new camera - typical. Unfortunately though, this was taken with the camera. Here's a close up, which is a better picture:



I used Chocolate Chip as a base card, Bashful Blue card for the background and the Owl Punch to create the owl out of scraps of Chocolate Chip; Real Red; Pumpkin Pie cardstock and Springtime Vintage designer paper. The leaves were cut out of Certainly Celery card using the Little Leaves die and the Big Shot. I happened to have a golf club die but you could easily handcut a golf club.

I decorated the inside of the card to make it a little bit more special. The card seemed a bit boring to me but my father-in-law liked it and we all know how difficult cards for men are.



I used the Curly Cute stamp set for the Greeting, and the Scallop Trim border punch for the edging. You can adapt the Owl punch to almost any occasion by 'dressing' the owl and the Owl can be turned into lots of other things which is what we'll be doing in the Owl class on the 20th July.


I still have some places left on the Owl punch class, so have a look at the 'classes' tab at the top of the blog for further details and contact me if you would like some fun and play with the punch yourself. x



No comments:

Post a Comment