Monday 12 September 2011

Christmas in September

Hi Everyone, I know some of you have been wanting to see photos of the Christmas class which is happening on Wednesday. Unfortunately the class is now full but I am planning to hold an all day Christmas class in November, so check back for final details. I’m hoping to finalise the arrangements this week.
This is what we’ll be making on Wednesday:

The gorgeous Jolly Holiday papers are retiring in September and they are actually sold out now. Luckily I had enough for the class. However, you can make these cards just as easily with the new Christmas papers coming out on 1st October. They are lovely, so check back on the 1st October when I’ll post a link to the new catalogue, or order your copy now – see the button on the side bar.

Here are some close-ups of the cards. The stamp set Contempto Christmas is only £15.95 for the wooden set or £12.95 for the clear set. It’s a very versatile set and has a matching Ornament punch so making cards, gift boxes, tags and all sorts of decorations couldn’t be easier.




The Christmas tree branch was stamped with the Lovely as a Tree stampset and here you can see the 3D effect of the baubles after I punched them out with the ornament punch.

Here's the next one. I used the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder on the background after I cut it with My Big Shot, using the Top Note die.


Here are some close ups of the embossing done with the Vintage Wallpaper folder.


 

I used the fabulous mini milk carton die in the Big Shot to make this cute little container. These make great gift boxes or can be filled with sweets, chocolates etc. I love these and they are so easy so we'll probably making lots of these in future projects.


I used the 5 petal Flower Punch to make the poinsettia.



If you want to make any of these projects yourself, contact me for the supplies you need or join me in another Christmas class later in the year. Take care. x
Posted by Picasa
Supplies used:
Cardstock: Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla
Papers: Jolly Holiday
Stamp sets: Lovely as a Tree, Contempto Christmas
Punches: Ornament punch, Modern Label, 5 Petal Flower, Oval Scallop
Other: Big Shot, Top Note die, Mini Milk Carton die, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment