Thursday 8 September 2011

Happy Anniversary

It was my wedding anniversary yesterday but generally we don't take these things too seriously, so I didn't bother making a card until the morning, when I had 15 mins before going to work! I did think of just buying one but just couldn't bring myself to do it.

I has seen several examples of this card on various blogs and decided it was just the thing. Here it is:



I used the Designer Paper Stacks in various shades of  red and pink and punched them out using the Modern Label punch. I folded them in half and stamped the letters using the Just Perfect Alphabet. I then used the Timeless Type Junior Alphabet dies and the Big Shot to cut the letters 'I' and 'U'. The sentiment is from the Something to Celebrate hostess set - remember you only have till the end of September to have a party to earn this set. After that, it will not be seen again, so if you want it, contact me ASAP to book your party. The base for the card is in Crumb Cake.



Now if you think I'm bad, you should talk to my husband. As I said we don't take this too seriously so when he phoned from the supermarket saying "do you know how much cards are?!!" I told him I would much rather have £5 towards a stamp, than a card I will throw away.  (He'd already bought me some crafting supplies).

When I got home from work, there were lots of flowers and a handmade envelope. Inside was a card he had 'adapted'. He had found the birthday card he'd given me in July and altered it to be an anniversary card. He'd found a border punch and punched some white card which he used to cover the 'Happy Birthday' and then used the same stamp as I had used for the sentiment. (It was still on my desk). He drew a heart and glittered it and stuck a sheet of paper over the inside and stamped the sentiment again. This is the result:




Not bad for a novice eh? I think it's much better than any bought card and I get a new stamp:) Anyway, enough of my ramblings. Remember to contact me if you want anything from the retired list or mini catalogue. Not long now till you get to see the new one.... x

No comments:

Post a Comment