Tuesday 20 December 2011

Polar Party Cards - at last!

Hi everyone, I know, I'm rubbish at blogging. I keep promising things and then it takes ages for me to do it. No excuses, but here, at long last are the photos from the last card class. We used the Polar Party stampset and I just love it. This stampset has cute images which you can combine to make your own little scenes as I did for the penguin card:

The photos aren't great as light is hard to come by at the moment (!) but I'll show you lots of photos so you get the idea. The images were stamped with Stazon ink and then coloured using the ink pads and blender pens. I have to confess to finding colouring images on Whisper White cardstock quite hard, but the blender pens solved all my problems. To do this you can either scribble a marker pen onto a plate or other hard surface or you can squeeze the ink pad while still closed, so it picks up some of the ink in the lid. You then use the blender pen to pick up the ink and colour. You can make the colour as light or dark as you want, so it's great for shading. Here are a couple of close ups:



There is a bit of glitter on these cards but the camera just didn't pick it up. Here is each card on it's own with the details below it:


All cards used Indigo Island as the base card colour. I then used Tangerine Tango paper from the Designer paper stack, layered onto Tangerine Tango card and some orange ribbon that I already had in my stash.


For the tree image I used Old Olive paper and Old Olive card. I didn't have any Old Olive ribbon so I used Pear Pizazz seam binding, which actually worked just as well.


The penguins were combined with Rich Razzleberry card and paper. Again, The ribbon was some that I had in my stash.
The greeting for all the cards is part of the polar party stampset.
Finally, I wanted to have a go at something I had seen on Monica Gales' blog. She covered a coloured image with Versamark ink and then with Heat 'n Stick powder. You melt the powder, using a heat gun and then cover the whole image with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. Heat it again and you end up with a fabulous glittered panel but the glitter does not come off as it has been 'heat set'.
I (foolishly) showed the ladies in my class the final result and ofcourse they all wanted to do this then. Much, much glitter later - all over us and the dining room, they all had beautiful, glittered cards and all were amazed at the results.


You really cannot get the full effect in a photo. It sparkles in beautiful colours in real life but hopefully you're getting some idea. If you fancy having a go, let me know. I can arrange a home workshop and demonstrate the technique. If you want to buy any of the products, just get in touch. You can make these cards for next year (it's probably a bit late for this year), and amaze all your family and friends.
I will be back with some more Christmas ideas before Christmas, so keep looking. x


Posted by Picasa



No comments:

Post a Comment