Wednesday 14 December 2011

Santa gift box

Hi everyone. Sorry for the delay in posting the things we made at our last card class. I've not been well, but now feel a bit better so can go on my computer again. This is the santa gift box we made. I love this. Such a clever idea (not mine, I saw various versions on the internet). I'm sure we'll make it again though, using different colours and papers. Here you go:





Believe it or not the box is made from the Mini Milk Carton die, using the Big Shot to cut it. If you google 'mini milk carton box' and click on 'video' then you'll get several youtube videos showing you how to put it together. That will be much easier than me trying to explain it. I used Real Red cardstock for the box and a 1" strip of Basic Black for santa's belt. I cut 1" from the end of the belt to place in the middle of the silver square. The silver square was punched using the 1 1/4" square punch. A couple of pearls act as buttons.
I punched holes in the top 'pleats' using my Crop-a-dile, and threaded 1/8 Real Red Taffeta Ribbon through the holes. Hopefully you can see how I did it here:


As you can see the white ruffle was made using Whisper White card and the new Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch. Everybody in the class did a great job of making the box. If you fancy having a go and need any of the products, just let me know.

The Christmas cards will be posted soon, promise. keep checking. x
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment