Tuesday 6 December 2011

Thinking of You

Good morning everyone. Today I'm sharing a card which I made for a friend who lost someone close to her family. I didn't want to do a traditional Sympathy card, so did this instead. I must apologise for the poor quality of my photos lately. I constantly end up taking these photos either early in the morning or in the evening and it's always dark outside!

The colours on this card are actually Concorde Crush and Basic Gray. You can see it better in the last couple of photos. The Basic Gray panel is from a discontinued designer paper but plain Basic Gray would work just as well.


I used my favourite Creative Elements stamp set for the background swirl, stamped in Concorde Crush ink and I used the Beautiful Wings Embosslits die and Big Shot, to cut the butterflies. I added a few pearls - you can see them better in the close up below:



As before, I stamped the inside with the butterfly from the Creative Elements stamp set and, in this photo you can finally see that the card is actually the deep purple of Concorde Crush. I used my trusty Curly Cute stamp set to stamp the sentiments and the Scallop Trim border punch to create the edging.


I was really pleased with how this card turned out. Just such a shame that it was for a sad occassion. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment