Sunday 4 December 2011

Vintage Birthday Greetings

Good morning everyone. A birthday card from me today. I have finally got round to using my Beautiful Wings Embosslits die. I have had this die for a while but just haven't had time to use it. Now that I have though, I have fallen in love with it. This die cuts the most beautiful, dainty little butterflies and embosses them, at the same time. This die is not to be confused with the Beautiful Butterflies die, which cuts larger butterflies which can actually be used to make a card base.


I used Cherry Cobbler for my base card and First Edition speciality papers for the panel on top. These papers are great value as you get 24 sheets instead of 12, so double the amount for your money. I ran the First Edition panel through the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and the Big Shot, after I had inked the embossing folder with Crumb Cake ink. It is difficult to see in the picture but it makes the background of the panel a nice 'crumb cake' colour while the raised embossed pattern remains vanilla. I stamped a strip of Cherry Cobbler with the background stamp from the Creative Elements stamp set, and edged it using the Scallop Trim Border punch.

I then used the Sincere Salutations stamp set for the greeting and the Decorative Label punch to cut it out and to create the Cherry Cobbler border.

I added some Pearls and the wonderful Crumb Cake Seam binding to give it the finishing touch. Everything was sponged with either Crumb Cake or Cherry Cobbler ink to give it a bit of definition round the edges and I scrunched the ribbon to give it a 'vintage' feel.


I stamped the inside with my favourite butterfly from the Creative Elements set and used the Scallop Trim Border punch again.
I made this for a colleague at work and she was very pleased with the result. Check back soon for another card made with the Beautiful Wings Embosslits die. x

No comments:

Post a Comment