Wednesday 21 December 2011

Serene Snowflakes

Hi everyone, I just wanted to share these Serene Snowflake cards with you:

 

These were very quick and easy to make. I took a 12"x12" sheet of Whisper White and stamped it all over using the Serene Snowflakes stampset and Pool Party, Island Indigo and Not Quite Navy ink. I then cut them into 3" squares.


The card base is 4" square and either Pool Party or Indigo Island card stock. The layer is  3 1/4" square. By using these measurements you can get a lot of cards out of a 12"x12" sheet. Once I had stamped my snowflakes in ink, I stamped some snowflakes in Versamark and sprinkled Heat 'n Stick powder over them, heated it and then covered the snowflake with Dazzling Diamonds glitter and heats set it. This is the same method as I used for the Polar Party cards in my previous post. Here is a close up where I'm attempting to show you the glitter snowflake:


Here's another one. Again, it's difficult to show you the full effect in these photos. I added a few rhinestones in the centre of some of the snowflakes for the finishing touch:

 
The sentiment is from the Polar Party stampset. This is one of the final cards:
Posted by Picasa

I hope you like these cards. This technique of random stamping can be used with lots of stampsets, not just snowflakes so why don't you have a go? I've got some really cute Santa tags to show you next time, made with punches and then I guess it will be Christmas and we'll be moving on to other projects - and the new mini catalogue. Remember to check back for the Santa tags. x

No comments:

Post a Comment