Wednesday 12 September 2012

Happy Anniversary





Good morning everyone. It was my 5th wedding anniversary last friday and this is the card I made for my wonderful husband:


I used the Pedal Presents stamp set and have only just realised that you can no longer get this. It was a hostess set in the summer mini catalogue but, wait and see, there may be something similar in the new catalogue coming out in October .... The Adorning Accents Embossing folder which has the hearts as 1 of 3 embossing folders was also in the Summer mini but will be back in the 2012-13  catalogue. Here's a closer look:
 


I used Real Red for the base card and Pretty in Pink for the border which was punched with the Scallop Edge border punch. The small hearts were from the Owl Builder punch. They were the size that fitted best. Just for a change, I decorated the inside of the card too using the heart stamp from the Tiny Tags stamp set. I also used the word 'husband' from the All in the Family stamp set. The Happy Anniversary has sadly been discontinued. Can you see the crease in the paper? I didn't notice it till it was too late but it didn't look so obvious once I'd written the card:

Now, I have to tell you that my husband is much more romantic than I am and he does all the cooking. So, on friday - which was a hot day, I came home to find he had prepared a special meal and had set the table outside (he could only find a Christmas table cloth).

 
 He had added some bows and little bubble champagne bottles which were left over from the wedding and had found a bottle of Champagne which was left over from our honeymoon. (I can't get the picture to turn the right way up but you get the gist)
 
 
As you can see he'd also bought me a beautiful orchid and in the little pink gift bag was an i-pod shuffle for me to use at work. Isn't he great? Check back soon for some great cards made with my new favourite set from the autumn/winter catalogue - Owl Occassions. x
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment