Friday 14 September 2012

Owl's about a 50th Birthday card?

Hi everyone, a very dear friend of ours will be 50 in a couple of weeks. I have just received my order from the autumn/winter catalogue which included the Owl Occasions stamp set. I fell totally in love with this stamp set as soon as I saw it. It seems to be suitable for all sorts of occasions. This is what you get in the set for £18.95 (clear) or £23.95 (wood):
As you can see you can use it for Christmas as well as any type of party. This is what I made him:
 
 
I used the new in-colours for 2012-2014. These colours all have great names which will soon be familiar to all of us. They are: Summer Starfruit (yellow/mustard), Raspberry Ripple (deep, dark pink), Midnight Muse (dark blue), Gumball Green and Primrose Petals (mid pink). These are the only colours I have used on this card plus Chocolate Chip. Here is each panel:
 
 
 
 
I hope this gives you some idea of the colours. I used the marker pens to create the multi coloured images. The Stamp-A-Ma-Jig is invaluable when you do this sort of stamping so that you can position all the accessories where you want them . Here is an even closer look at the owls:
 
 
 
 
The large polka dots paper at the bottom of the card are from a Designer Series paper pack called Patio Party. These will be available in October. The birthday greeting is from a stamp set called Up, Up & Away. This was in the summer mini but will re-appear in the new main catalogue in October. I have lots more 'Owl Occasions' cards to show you as I was on a roll with this set, so check back soon. x
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment