Thursday 26 May 2011

Plane and Simple

We made this card at team training recently and. when I needed a masculine card in a hurry yesterday afternoon, as I was rushing out the door to yet another leaving do, this is the card I grabbed. 


Oh no, I've just looked at this picture and realise it says 'happy birthday' but the person leaving is taking voluntary redundancy! That's what happens when you've had a long day at work, and you're rushing out. Oh well, he won't mind.

Anyway, back to the card. I used Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke and Very Vanilla cardstock. The vanilla card was stamped with Always Artichoke ink using the Plane & Simple stamp set, and embossed in the Big Shot using the Square Lattice embossing folder. I used the Spiral Border punch to create the edge - this punch is great for masculine cards or when you don't want the edge to be too 'fancy'. I didn't think I liked this, until I used it and mine is now on order.
Here's a close up, showing the Lattice embossing detail.


I also added a button from the Vintage Springtime buttons which is in the mini catalogue. It was tied with some linen thread and the next photo shows it in detail. The designer paper is from the Vintage Springtime designer papers. These papers may seem very floral but they do also have some more subtle patterns, including this lovely green stripe.



Hope you like this card. Contact me re my class on June 8th if you would like a play with this stamp set and some of these products. x

No comments:

Post a Comment