Sunday 8 May 2011

Wedding Acceptance

Hi everyone,

 I wouldn't want you to think I'll be posting everyday but seeing how's it's the weekend and I have some time on my hands, I thought I should post something while I can.

We have been invited to a wedding in June - actually my husband is going to be the best man, so they definitely know we will be there, but I couldn't pass up the chance to make an acceptance card. I actually made 2 so I could put one on my samples board, and send one. I know the bridesmaid will be in a burgundy type colour, so the card I sent was made in Cherry Cobbler.

This version was made in Rich Razzleberry. I didn't have a stamp that said 'Acceptance', so I printed it on my computer. This was the result:


I used the stamp set Baroque Motifs which is extremely versatile. I stamped the swirl in Crumb Cake ink on Whisper White, and the small flower, using Rich Razzleberry ink. I used the Four Frames set and Decorative Label punch to create the Acceptance label.

The card was finished with some lush Razzleberry satin ribbon and a brad from the Hodgepodge Hardware set. This set may seem expense but it contains 100 lovely metal frames and brads, not counting the 100 small silver brads, and it lasts for a very, very long time.



I'm not sure why the brad has a pink tint to it. You can get this effect by covering it in ink and then wiping the ink away, which just leaves the colour in the indentations. I don't remember doing that for this card, but then there are quite a few things I don't remember....

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed today's card. Check back again soon. Sandrina x




No comments:

Post a Comment