Wednesday 19 October 2011

Diaries and Notebooks class 26th October


Hi everyone, Just a quick post today showing you what we'll making in the Diaries and Notebooks class on the 26th October. I have used the Beau Chateau papers which are gorgeous. They use Marina Mist, Pink Pirouette, Soft Suede and very Vanilla as their colours, so I decided to decorate my diary in Marina Mist and my notebook in Pink Pirouette.

The photos aren't great because it's always dark now, when I take the photos - either early morning or in the evening, so it's all artificial light now. I'll have to start photoshopping them, I think.
Here's a closer look at the diary. I realised I haven't stuck '2012' on yet, so it looks a bit bare in the corner and I think I may decorate the band with a rosette to give it a bit more 'body' but you can decorate yours however you wish. This is an A5, week to-a-view diary which is included in the class price.


.


A closer look at the designer papers. I used the Eyelet border punch on mine. 

 

And here's a close up of the butterflies, stamped with Marina Ink mist and decorated with a Rhinestone. The stampset that I have used for all the stamping is called Creative Elements. It's lovely and very versatile. It includes the background stamp, border, butterfly and more.

Now for the notebook - again it's A5 size.

 

Some close ups of the detail. The letter is from the Broadsheet Alphabet and the frame is from the Four Frames stamp set and punched with the Decorative label punch. The flower is part of the Creative Elements set

And, a closer look at the designer papers. These are from the same Beau Chateau set but these are the pink ones. You will get some of each in the class, so you can use them how you like.

I usually much prefer blues to pink which is why I did my diary in blue, but I must admit I do really like the pink notebook. I've kept everything on the diary and notebook very flat, and have made sure all the edges are stuck down really well. This is because I use my diary for work and it's in and out of my bag all day long. If you tend to leave your diary on your desk or at home, you could really build up some of the images. It's all up to you.

If you would like to order any of these products, and/or join us for the class, please contact me ASAP. There are only 2 spaces left. Further details are on the 'classes' tab, at the top of the blog. Hope to see you soon. x

No comments:

Post a Comment