Wednesday 12 October 2011

Sail Away, Pennant Card

Hi everyone, many apologies for not blogging for a while. Everything seems to be crazy busy at the moment. As you know, I've been promising you sneak previews of the Pennant Parade Card Class for ages. Well, unfortunately, because Stampin' Up! is so busy at this time of year, due to the new catalogue launch, the order took longer to arrive then I had anticipated. This means that the card class is tonight and I was still making samples late last night as my order did not arrive until 8pm on monday. (lesson learnt for next year)

So, instead of giving you sneak previews, over the next week I'm going to show you the cards we will be making tonight. I'll show you each card in detail and if you fancy making them, contact me to order your supplies. These cards will be on display at my launch party which I'm holding this Saturday 15th, 10.30-12.30, so if you fancy coming along and having a go yourself, contact me on 07970 708348.

Here is the first card made with the Pennant Parade stamp set and matching Petite Pennants Builder punch . It's hard to tell, as the stamping quality is so good when you use Stampin' Up! papers, but the sails were stamped using the stamp set and then punched out, using the Petite Pennants Builder punch.


To make this card, cut some clouds out of Pool Party (new in-colour for 2011-2013) and stick them onto Whisper White. Run this through the Big Shot using the Square Lattice Embossing folder and fix to a Chocolate Chip card base. Then use the 1 3/8"  circle punch to create the waves in Pool Party. I have inked the edges with Pool Party ink.

Use the extra large oval punch and Chocolate Chip card stock to make the boat. I embossed some lines it on it to make it look like 'planks'. Cut the top bit off to create a boat shape and use a little bit of Chocolate Chip for the mast. Stamp your sails onto Whisper White, I used Calypso Coral and Lucky Limeade ink - both are new In-Colours and then punch them out.
Posted by PicasaThis photo shows you the waves a bit clearer. I finished my card off with a bit of ribbon as a flag, with a flower in Island Indigo (another new colour), punched using one the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack punches. I added a Rhinestone to the flower and stamped a birthday greeting from the Sincere Salutations stamp set.

I hope you liked this card. Back with a Christmas card using the Pennant Parade stamp set and punch later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment