Monday 25 June 2012

Apothecary Art 70th Birthday

Hi everyone, I thought I would share this 70th birthday card with you today. I made this for my mother-in-law's birthday a couple of weeks ago. This card happens to use the Apothecary Art set which we'll be using in class on Wednesday:





Photos never seem to do cards justice but this is an A5 card, using Perfect Plum for the base colour. The strip down the middle is Crumb Cake, embossed using the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder aand the Big Shot. You can see the embossing in more detail in this photo as well as the '70' which was die cut using the Timeless Type Junior Alphabet, and decorated with pearls.


I used Pink Pirouette for my contrast colour and added a Pretty in Pink bow with one of the beautiful vintage brads in the centre:
I stamped the image from the Apothecary Art stamp set in grey ink and coloured it using ink pads and a blender pen:

I cut out some of the flowers to 3D them. Fidddly, but worth it I think:

As before the Framelits labels dies match the stamp shapes exactly. I hope you like this card, my mother-in-law did. I'll be showing you the other projects from card class over the next few posts. Check back soon. x 

No comments:

Post a Comment