Tuesday 5 June 2012

Large father's day/birthday card

 Hi everyone, this is the first of the masculine cards we made in the last card class. This was a large card, A5 size, which we don't do very often:



For some reason that I can't work out, there seems to be another photo superimposed onto the photo above. We used the Open Sea stamp set to create a background sheet (often called a 'one sheet wonder') I used Crumbcake, Basic Grey, Soft Suede, and Marina Mist ink and used all of the stamps included in the set.

I used Not Quite Navy and Riding Hoodl Red cardstock to give it a slight nautical (and patriotic) feel. The boat was stamped in Basic Grey which gives it a softer look than black. We used the wide Marina Mist Grossgrain ribbon and added a strip of Not Quite Navy card punched with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch. Here are a couple of close ups:


'To my dad' was stamped using the For My Family stampset which is a very usual set for adding family titles to cards.

And here's exactely the same card, just with a different greeting. This 'Happy Birthday' is from the Curly Cute stamp set.


I have to admit that this card was almost a straight copy of one that Sally-Jo showed at the Stampin' Up! regional training event in Leeds. She's a truly talented, artistic lady and you can see some of her work on her blog here.

I hope you've enjoyed this card. I'll be back with another one soon.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment