Friday 15 June 2012

Training name badge

And now for something completely different.... I attended a Stampin' Up! regional training event a couple of weeks ago and, for the event, we were all asked to make our own name badge. Wow, there was so much creativity on show that day and here is my effort:

 

I love the colour combination of Island Indigo, Pool Party. Concord Crush and Lucky Limeade although the colours haven't shown up very well in the photos. I used the Top Note die and the Big Shot to make the base of my name badge and cut the letters for my name using the Timeless Type Junior Alphabet dies. The flowers were cut using the Flower Daisies die and the butterflies were cut using the Beautiful Wings embosslits die. The leaves were punched using the Bird Builder punch (the only thing not a die, I think) Here's a close up:


It's hard to see but I covered the centres of the flowers with glitter. Do you know, I hadn't realised how much of a 'Big Shot' project this was until I typed this post and listed all the various dies I'd used.


Stampin' Up! events are grreat fun. We get to do Make & Takes, swap samples with other demos, learn from head office and other experienced demos and we often get to see new products. On top of this we get a free stampset - this year we got 'Mixed Bunch' which is the set we used in card class this week.

You have to be a demo to be able to attend these events but remember you can join by buying the starter kit for only £99. If you want a chat about joining, then please contact me. I will definitely not put any pressure on you but it may be the best thing you ever did. Check back soon for a closer look at the projects we made in card class this week.x

No comments:

Post a Comment