Wednesday 13 June 2012

Simply Scored Birthday

Hi everyone, as I've mentioned we had 2 birthdays at the weekend. Not only was it my father-in-law's birthday, it was my son's 23rd birthday too. I made him this card, using my new Simply Scored tool:



Now I have to confess that I'm not totally sure about this card - I couldn't decide whether it was missing something or whether it was fine as a 'clean and simple' card. Anyway, I resisted the temptation to mess with it and left it as it was.

I used the Simply Scored tool to score 2 strips of Big Top Birthday designer paper every 1/2" . I glued the strip together and then flattened it into the rosette shape. The greeting is from the Up, Up & Away stamp set which is in the Summer mini catalogue. 





For the greeting inside the card I used the Happiest Birthday Wishes stamp set which is a hostess set. I coloured each line with marker pens which matched the paper colours and added 'son' from the For My Family stampset.


Well, that's it for the birthday cards from the weekend but my mother-in-law's 70th is fast approaching. I'll post her card on here in a couple of weeks. x

No comments:

Post a Comment