Thursday 16 February 2012

Get well Mum

My mum is having an eye operation next week, so I've made her a Get Well card in advance. My mum loves birds and I have just treated myself to the Aviary stamp set. This set is great!!. You can just play about and have birds in the cages, out of the cages, it's a lot of fun. The Nursery Nest Designer Papers also match the set, although I haven't used them in this card:
I used Pool Party, Soft Suede and Whisper White for my colour scheme and I love how it turned out:


I used a bit of bling on the cages and the Scallop Ribbon Border punch to create a Soft Suede edge to the Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon. I then used one of the Lots Of Tags dies in the Big Shot to cut the tag out of Pool Party and punched a Modern Label shape in Soft Suede. The Get Well sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes. 

The stamp set has a gorgeous little owl image which I just had to use but it didn't really suit the card front - so I used it on the inside of the card. The inside sentiment is from the Sincere Salutations stamp set:

Oops, I've just noticed that I haven't rubbed out the pencil line yet. I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to position my owls in a perfect line. It makes this sort of thing very easy. I hope you like this card. I enjoyed making this card so much, I also made a birthday card using the Aviary set. Check back soon for details. x 

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment