Tuesday 14 February 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Oh dear. Valentine's Day is nearly over and I'm only just posting this. I was planning to do it this morning but I didn't get a minute. Here is the card I made for my husband:

I saw something similar on the internet ages ago but can't remember who made it, so I can't give any credit. This card was made in Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White cardstock. I punched out lots of leaves, using the Bird Builder punch and then drew a heart shape on my card, after I had put it through the Big Shot with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder. I then stuck the leaves down, following the heart outline:


I punched 2 birds from Whisper White and very lightly inked the edges with Crumb Cake ink - just enough to make them stand out a bit. I then stamped the sentiment using my new For my Family stamp set. This contains lots of great words which you can use to personalise any card. The sentiment was punched out using the Modern Label punch:

Naturally the card wouldn't have been complete without a reference to Valentine's Day so I used the Valentine's sentiment from the You Are Loved stampset and stamped it on the inside of the card:

Posted by Picasa
I hope you like this card. It could be used for all sorts of occassions, including weddings and the colours could be matched to anniversaries, bridesmaids dresses etc. Remember, if you would like to buy any of the products, just give me a ring. x

No comments:

Post a Comment